BATHROOM PAINT COLORS are often the last thing people think of when they renovate their home, but too often they’re big mistakes because they can’t be changed or removed.
That’s why we compiled this list of 14 genius concepts on how to upgrade your bathroom’s look with paint colors that make it feel like new! From striking enamel paints for an industrial vibe to “rich in mood” colors for a spa-like retreat, these ideas will help you create the perfect bathroom atmosphere.
- 1. Rich in Mood for a Spa-Like Retreat
To create the moody, luxurious look of a spa retreat, start with Benjamin Moore’s Showergel in Deep Stone with the color set to “rich.” It’s not a paint color that’s going to change your life right this second, but it’ll definitely give you energy!
- 2. High-Tech Spaceships for an Industrial Vibe
If you want to make your bathroom feel like you’re traveling through space, create an industrial vibe like what you’d see on a spaceship with Benjamin Moore’s shower paint in Atomic Red 2X.
- 3. Declutter in the Bathroom, Not on the Wall
If you’re looking to simplify your bathroom but you don’t want to add a new color, try simplifying with less by covering the walls in the pattern.
- 4. Black + White = Zen-Like Creativity
Do you have an artistic eye? Then Benjamin Moore’s Shower Enamel in Black 2X is going to make all your creative thoughts flow onto the wall!
- 5. Frame Your Bathroom Wastes with Color!
You may not be able to control all reality, but you can control how it looks with some careful thought about what colors you choose for your bathroom paint jobs. For example…
- 6. Practice Makes Perfect: Practice Painting the Wall before You Paint the Floor
Painting floors can be a bit tricky, so you should practice first to be sure you know what colors look good.
- 7. Watch the Colors Change After a Rainfall… If You like Rain
If you want to create a new bathroom color scheme but don’t want to get paint everywhere in the process, try Benjamin Moore’s Shower Enamel in Black 2X and watch how it changes after a rainfall! How cool is that? Super cool!
- 8. Refresh Your Bathroom by Painting It White! White! White!
If your bathroom walls look dingy, they probably need a clean new paint job. The Benjamin Moore color called White Dove 1 suggests a bathroom that’s fresh and clean, just like you all want your home to be!
- 9. Fill Those Shadows with Color!
You can conquer that dark shadow area in your bathroom by filling it with color! Benjamin Moore’s Shower Enamel in Black 2X is just the right touch to make the room feel lighter. You better get painting…
- 10. Have Fun With Colors Like a Kid Playing With Legos!
Painting bathrooms can be challenging, especially because everyone wants their house to be different from everyone else’s.
10 Ways To Add Color Into Your Bathroom Design Freshome with regard to Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: freshome.com
Q: How to Make Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore?
A: The first step is to decide what color you want the walls of your bathroom to be. For example, if you want them to match the bathroom cabinet or other bathroom furniture, you can do that. If you want a different color, whether it’s complementary (choosing a color that’s opposite on the color wheel), or contrasting (choosing a complementary color with the same tone), then so be it. Once you’ve settled on the new paint color, grab your Benjamin Moore paintbrushes and go to work!
- Step 1: Use your Benjamin Moore Shower Enamel in Black 2X to paint a section of the wall. (Don’t worry about painting the floor yet.). Allow it to dry for 30 minutes, then remove it with a wet rag and some patience.
- Step 2: Use your Benjamin Moore Shower Enamel in Atomic Red 2X to paint another section of the wall. Allow it to dry for 30 minutes, then remove it with a wet rag and some patience.
- Step 3: Use your Benjamin Moore Shower Enamel in Deep Stone with the color set to “rich” to paint another section of the wall. Allow it to dry for 30 minutes, then remove it with a wet rag and some patience.
- Step 4: Repeat your “paint, wait 30 minutes, remove it” process until the bathroom is completely painted.
- Step 5: That’s it! Time to admire your work. To clean up your paint job, grab some soap and water and wash away any paint spills.
- Step 6: Once you’re satisfied with the way the paint job looks, or if you just want to take it back to where it was, that’s easy too… You can clean the wall with your Benjamin Moore Shower Enamel in Black 2X and a wet rag. Wipe gently and wait for it to dry completely.
Modern Bathroom Ideas – Paint Colors for Your Bathroom:
If you’ve decided to go with a different color than what was originally used in your bathroom, we have many Benjamin Moore paint colors for you! We have matching colors for each of our popular coordinating decorating styles such as modern, transitional, and most popular coastal design styles.
- Step 7: What You Choose – What Color Is Your Bathroom in Benjamin Moore?
If your bathroom was originally painted in a different color, or you’re still undecided about what color you would like to paint it, here’s how to find out. Just grab a pencil and a piece of paper, and you will get to make note of your choices!
In this way, you can see which colors are good options for you.
Q: What Should I Do If My Bathroom Has Grey Walls?
A: Is this a question that’s always been on your mind? Just imagine yourself in the bathroom one day, and you see that dull gray color staring back at you from the walls. It looks ugly, but what can be done about it?
If you have some projects to do around the house and need to take advantage of a free weekend, this is something you can do! Alternatively, if your home has been neglected for a while (and some of the paint has peeled away), then this project is going to make your bathroom look as good as new.
Choosing Bathroom Paint Colors For Walls And Cabinets regarding Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: www.thecreativityexchange.com
Q: How Many Hours Should I Plan On Working On This Project?
A: You should allow for 2 – 3 hours to allow for a wide range of variables. For example, you might be able to complete the job in 1 hour or 3.5 hours. Either situation is possible depending on the condition of your bathroom, the size of the bathroom, and how many coats of paint you want to apply (this determines how much time it will take).
For more details, we recommend that you read our article on how to paint a room.
Q: How Much Does The Paint Cost?
A: The Benjamin Moore paint is $29 per gallon, so expect to spend around $60 on the basic bathroom color kit.
The Best No Fail Benjamin Moore Gray Bathroom Colors Laurel Home within Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: laurelberninteriors.com
Q: How Do I Prepare My Bathroom For Painting?
A: The number one rule of how to prepare a room for painting is to remove everything. That’s right, you guessed it, EVERYTHING! You cannot have anything left in your bathroom once the job begins, and you will have to be willing and able to haul your stuff away temporarily. Once you’ve removed all of the clutter from your bathroom.
- – Remove the toilet and shower/tub. If they are large, then this step can be quite challenging. (If you’re unsure how to do this, we recommend that you call a professional).
- – Remove all of the hardware (the handles, hinges, etc.) from the doors and drawers.
- – Remove anything that is hanging on your walls (if applicable). Typically, most things are on the floor.
- – Use a wet rag to get rid of any dust or dirt on the walls.
After you have removed everything from your bathroom, then you can begin preparing it for painting by treating your walls with a water-based primer (with acrylic). This will make the paint stick better and last longer. Of course, check to see if this step has been done before your begin painting.
Best Paint Colour For Bathroom Vanity Or Cabinets Benjamin Moore for 14 Genius Concepts of How to Upgrade Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: www.kylieminteriors.ca
Q: What Tools Do I Need To Paint My Bathroom?
A: You only need a few things to start painting. We recommend that you grab the following:
- – Use the lint roller to remove any sticky residue that’s on the floor.
- – If you have any caulk around your tub or other things, take your time and use the putty knife to remove it. If you don’t do this before painting, it will look messy when it’s done!
- – After you’ve removed everything, dust off as much dust as possible from inside your room. Bathroom Color Ideas Inspiration In 2019 Bathroom Ideas regarding 14 Genius Concepts of How to Upgrade Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Q: What Is The Best Way To Paint A Bathroom?
A: Now that we’ve talked about what you need to paint your bathroom, let’s talk about the best way to do it…
Put on all of your PPE, and be sure that it fits right. You don’t want any holes in the material. Next, you can use a damp rag to wipe away any dust or dirt that’s on the walls. Finally, prime your walls with our water-based primer and allow for it to dry for at least 15 minutes. Of course, check to see if this step has been done before you begin painting.
- – Take a piece of painter’s tape and stick it around the mirror frame (if applicable).
- – If you have an extension cord, it’s a good idea to run it through your bathroom and plug it into an outlet or a switch. This will make painting much easier.- Now grab your spray, roller, and paint can of Benjamin Moore Shower Enamel in Black 2X. This is the color that we recommend for your bathroom.
- – Read the instructions on the can and follow them carefully.
- – Start painting one wall at a time (do not skip this step! If you don’t do this step through, then you’ll have to start over when you try to paint the next section). Roll the paint out onto your roller, then use the roller to cover all of the areas with even strokes.
Q: Where Can I Buy Benjamin Moore Paint?
A: You can easily buy Benjamin Moore paint at most home improvement stores or paint stores. Alternatively, you can get in touch with your local Benjamin Moore dealer and ask them to order the paint for you if they don’t carry it. The best way to find a dealer near you is through the dealer locator on the Benjamin Moore website (see our link below).
Top Paint Color Trends For 2019 within 14 Genius Concepts of How to Upgrade Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: www.thespruce.com
Q: Can I paint my bathroom using Benjamin Moore paints?
A: We definitely do endorse Benjamin Moore paints for painting a bathroom. But you should consider buying the paints from a reputable home improvement store, such as Lowes or Home Depot. These places will have a variety of Benjamin Moore paint colors to choose from, and they have been around for many years.
In addition to that, there are some specialty spray paints and primers available for you to use too! You should check out your local hardware store or hardware department at your local big-box store – they’ll likely have this stuff in stock. If not, then ask them if they know where you can get it.
Fresh Best Bathroom Paint Colors Photograph Bathroom Design Ideas with regard to 14 Genius Concepts of How to Upgrade Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: bridgeportbenedumfestival.com
Q: Why Do I Need A Caulk Gun?
A: There are a number of reasons why you need to use a caulk gun in order to paint your bathroom. You need this tool in order to create space between the different sections (such as the walls, the ceiling, etc.). If you don’t have a caulk gun, then it will be very difficult for you to paint your bathroom. It’s also helpful because it provides an easy way for you to fill small holes and cracks on your bathroom walls (or ceiling) after they’ve been painted.
Use the caulk gun to create a separation between various sections of your bathroom (such as your walls and ceiling).
Benjamin Moore Salamander Emilyeveryday Best To Paint It In pertaining to 14 Genius Concepts of How to Upgrade Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Q: When Should I Use The Caulk Gun?
A: There are a few times when you should use the caulk gun. We recommend the following:
- – Before you paint your bathroom. Use it to fill in any small holes or cracks that you find in the bathroom walls.
- – After painting your bathroom. Caulk around all of the tiles and grout (also make sure that there is no dirt/dust on it) so that you don’t have any gaps or holes when you’re done using it as a touch-up tool for small leaks.
- – After removing your toilet/shower (if applicable).
Q: Who Can Use A Caulk Gun?
A: Anyone who can use a screwdriver can use the caulk gun! And you don’t need a lot of experience to get started. It’s easy to learn how to use it now.
Q: What Is The Best Way To Clean My Bathroom Paint Roller?
A: There are several ways that you can clean your bathroom paint roller. We recommend that you do the following:
- – You can spray some compressed air onto it, then wipe off the excess dust with a lint-free cloth (you should still dust your roller once in a while though).
- – You can apply some soap and water to help eliminate any mildew (avoid using cleaners though).
Bathroom Color Ideas Inspiration In 2019 Bathroom Ideas regarding 14 Genius Concepts of How to Upgrade Best Bathroom Colors Benjamin Moore Image Source: www.pinterest.com